He has thanked his fans for their well wishes after he was admitted to an intensive care unit suffering from a mystery illness.
The Rocket Man singer, 70, today posted a picture of himself in better days to Instagram, along with an update on his condition.
He wrote: “Woke up this morning to an avalanche of kindness and well wishes.
“I’m overwhelmed with gratitude. Thanks so much to everyone for reaching out.
“I’m resting well and getting stronger every day. I’m looking forward to getting back on tour in June.”
Fans were pleased to see the update, and were quick to post even more words of encouragement for a speedy recovery.
He was struck down with a “harmful and unusual bacterial infection” and became violently ill on a flight home from Santiago, Chile.
The dad-of-two had to spend two nights in intensive care followed by an “extended stay” in hospital.
Although he was discharged on Saturday and should make a full recovery, he was forced to cancel a string of concerts planned for the weeks ahead.
His spokesman said: “Infections of this nature are rare and potentially deadly.
“Thankfully, Elton’s medical team identified this quickly and treated it successfully. He is expected to make a full and complete recovery.”
The singer had been booked to appear in a run of The Million Dollar Piano shows at The Colosseum in Caesars Palace hotel, Las Vegas, and was due to give a performance in California, on Saturday, May 6.
His spokesman said: “After spending two nights in intensive care followed by an extended stay in hospital, Elton was released from hospital and is now comfortably resting at home as per doctors’ advice.”
Fans who bought tickets for the gigs would be refunded, the spokesman added.
Sir Elton is expected to return to his schedule of live performances at Twickenham on Saturday, June 3.
Last night, the star said: “I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologise for disappointing them.
“I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after me so well.”