US rapper Drake has postponed what is left of his summer tour because of an ongoing ankle injury.
Three shows in Philadelphia and Newark have been put on hold to allow the Grammy Award winning artist to recuperate after trying to "power through" the tour despite the injury forcing him to postpone three earlier shows.
A spokesman told People Music that the 29-year-old had not helped matters by avoiding rest.
"Drake suffered a severe ankle injury during the tour which he did his best to power through. By doing this, he made his injury worse," the spokesman told the website.
"Under doctor's orders and to ensure Drake only ever gives fans the performances they deserve, he will be postponing the remaining three dates of his Summer Sixteen tour to allow him time to recuperate his ankle injury."
:: Jewellery worth $3m stolen from Drake's tour bus in Phoenix
A week ago the singer announced he was postponing shows in his home town of Toronto and Philadelphia with a message on his blog revealing he had been ordered to rest.
"I am crushed to even be typing this announcement because I feel like I am letting my fans in these cities down," he wrote. "I only want to give you the best show you deserve, I promise - I will make it up to you.
"Thank you for your understanding and I can't wait to see you all again with new music and a stronger ankle."
.Drake, whose real name is Aubrey Graham, announced on Monday that his 26-show The Boy Meets World Tour will kick off in Europe in January.