Cllr Shabir Pandor has unveiled his top team for the year ahead.
Kirklees Council Leader Shabir Pandor has announced his new Cabinet in what he describes as a reshaping to deliver the ambitions of the Council for the people of Kirklees.
Cllr Pandor said:
“Within my Cabinet I have really good people who are shaping our ambitious plans for the future, plans which will lead to greater investment for the area as well as ensuring each town and village is invested in so we can provide for the best future for our residents.
“In addition to my highly experienced, current Cabinet members, I have brought in new members and widened the portfolio responsibilities so that we can focus on our key priorities. I’m delighted to welcome Cllrs Carole Pattison and Rob Walker to Cabinet.
“I am sad to announce that Cllr Masood Ahmed, who was the portfolio holder for Learning Aspiration and Communities, has decided to step down from Cabinet for personal reasons. Cllr Ahmed made this decision several weeks ago but he wanted to ensure continuity and deliver the ‘options report’ on Almondbury Community High School before he finished, because he felt he owed this to the children, parents and everyone involved in the proposals he has worked alongside.
“I want to thank Cllr Ahmed for his outstanding contribution to the Cabinet and I know that he will continue to support the Council, his constituents and the new holder of his portfolio going forward.”
New Kirklees Council Cabinet
- Leader - Cllr Shabir Pandor
- Deputy Leader and Regeneration – Cllr Peter McBride
- Cllr Viv Kendrick – Cabinet Member for Children
- Cllr Carole Pattison – Cabinet Member for learning, Aspiration and Communities
- Cllr Mus Khan – Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care
- Cllr Cathy Scott – Cabinet Member for Housing and Democracy
- Cllr Rob Walker – Cabinet Member for Culture and Environment
- Cllr Naheed Mather – Cabinet Member for Greener Kirklees
- Cllr Peter McBride – Cabinet Member for Regeneration
- Cllr Graham Turner – Cabinet Member for Corporate