Terriers Announce Completion Of Hodgkinson Takeover

Courtesy of Huddersfield Town A.F.C.

The former Town season ticket holder has taken a 75% controlling stake in the club.

Phil Hodgkinson’s takeover of Huddersfield Town is now complete after the club received approval from the English Football League (EFL).

Town’s new Chairman has passed the league’s ‘Owner’s & Director’s Test’ and now takes a 75% controlling stake in the Club, with Dean Hoyle retaining the remaining 25%.

Accordingly, Phil has stepped down from his role as an Owner and Director at National League North side Southport, where he held post since September 2017. Under his stewardship, Southport achieved record season ticket sales last summer and established plans for a significant stadium investment.

Phil, who is CEO and Founder of the PURE Business Group, is well known to the club and its fans alike.

A member of the Young Terriers in his youth, Phil was a Season Card holder before his company’s involvement with Town, when he has watched the games from a hospitality box in the Revell Ward Stand.

He is an FA qualified Youth Coach and has also worked as a Football Intermediary previously.

More from Local Sport

Cover art for Lose You To Love Me

On Air

Max Mallen playing Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me

Have you tried...